- 7-8 lbs standing rib roast
- Lawry's Seasoning
- Hickory Chips Cooking
- Brine in large sealed container 24 hours in refrigerator (using 1/2 cup salt for every 2 quarts water).
- Remove pork and pat dry. Drain same container of brine.
- Apply any preferred pork rub and place back in large sealed container and back into the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Add Apple, Hickory or Mesquite chips between cooking cylinder and drip pan.
- Place pork fat side up on the cooking grate.
- Light and check within 2.5 hours for doneness with thermometer until the pork reaches 160 F at the center.
- Let pork cool until you can pull thumb sized pieces off and place in another container. Use either mustard or ketchup based BBQ sauce when serving.